Health & Fitness

splendid site! could add some medical calculators

splendid site! could add some medical calculators

Postby rjasti » Fri May 22, 2009 1:37 am
I think adding medical calculators to the site would be very useful
rjasti

Re: splendid site! could add some medical calculators

Postby PEHowland » Fri May 22, 2009 7:24 am
Does Wolfram become liable for any deaths arising from incorrect results? I certainly wouldn't trust Wolfram|Alpha with any life or death decisions in its current state of maturity.
PEHowland

Postby briangilbert » Fri May 22, 2009 10:33 am
If it said a medicine dosage was above the safe limit for the patient classification then I would at least check elsewhere.
briangilbert

Postby alfredmanson » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:57 pm
I could not agree more with it - and for the makers of wolfram suggestion is medal.org where they have hundreds of medical calculators in the excel format - so incase they can work out a deal - it is going to be absolutely straitforward to implement and is going to help all of us a great deal. So here's hoping...
alfredmanson

Postby renpeng » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:44 am
GREAT!
renpeng

Postby Deepze » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:43 am
Request Summary
- Addition of medical calculators

Possible Resources
- http://www.medcalc.com/
- http://www-users.med.cornell.edu/~spon/picu/calc/medcalc.htm
- http://www.globalrph.com/medcalcs.htm

I will keep this post updated with more sources of Medical Calculator resources as I find them.
Volunteer Curator for the WolframAlpha Project

Contribute your data and/or your expertise at
http://www.wolframalpha.com/participate/participate.html
Deepze

Postby AlphaAnt » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:15 pm
The wife uses medcalc.com and she is a pulmonologist and runs a medical supply place that sells oxygen and she has me go to the site all the time when she is on call to get figures. There are also almost a dozen sites that I use as an EMT. I will try and list them one day.
AlphaAnt

Postby briangilbert » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:28 pm
AlphaAnt wrote:The wife uses medcalc.com and she is a pulmonologist and runs a medical supply place that sells oxygen and she has me go to the site all the time when she is on call to get figures. There are also almost a dozen sites that I use as an EMT. I will try and list them one day.

If you know a formula and want a calculator you could try creating a Widget.
http://developer.wolframalpha.com/widgets/
If you manage it OK you can do the same for all the other formulas you use regularly. You can then go to W|A's WIDGETS page ,click on 'My Widgets', and use them any time.
W|A also puts calulators at the top of the output for many queries .
Input
Ohms law formula
to see one.
briangilbert

Postby Nuclearman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:58 pm
PEHowland wrote:Does Wolfram become liable for any deaths arising from incorrect results? I certainly wouldn't trust Wolfram|Alpha with any life or death decisions in its current state of maturity.

No. It's stated as such in the terms of use (quoted below for reference, paragraph three is probably most relevant, with the last two being important as well).

Terms of Use wrote:Professional Disclaimers and Disclaimer of Warranty

Wolfram|Alpha provides a rich and wide range of computations and data in many subject areas, and extensive efforts are made to keep its contents accurate and up to date. It is not, however, a certified or definitive source of information that can be relied on for legal, financial, medical, life-safety, or any other critical purposes.

Common sense, and these Terms of Use, require that you independently verify the accuracy, completeness, and relevance of any information you get from Wolfram|Alpha before relying on it for any purpose in which things of value are at stake. We specifically disclaim all forms of liability for all results from Wolfram|Alpha.

In some fields definitive information can legally be provided only by certified and paid professionals. Examples include, among others, medical, legal, or financial advice, measures used in commerce, engineering calculations, and surveying or navigation data. These fields make use of many kinds of information and calculations, many of which are also available in Wolfram|Alpha. The availability of this kind of information in Wolfram|Alpha does not imply that Wolfram|Alpha purports to provide any official or certified information, or professional services of any kind.

Wolfram|Alpha is not a substitute for information or guidance provided by any licensed professional in any field, and if you need advice of this nature you should consult a professional who is licensed or knowledgeable in the appropriate area.

Although Wolfram|Alpha does not deliver in its results any user-supplied raw code executable in a browser or other execution environment, we cannot guarantee that a suitably constructed input could not cause the website to generate results pages that cause unintended or harmful operations on the client system. Wolfram|Alpha specifically disclaims any responsibility for harm to your system caused by use of the website.

The information provided by Wolfram|Alpha is provided "as is", and for information purposes only. This means that Wolfram|Alpha does not offer any warranty whatsoever with regard to this service, its content, or any content or services accessible from the website. You agree that you are using the service at your own risk.

In no event shall Wolfram|Alpha or its directors, officers, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, or licensors be liable for any damages arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance, or nonperformance of this service. Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.

You agree to indemnify and hold Wolfram|Alpha and its directors, officers, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and licensors harmless from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including attorneys' fees, resulting from your violation of these Terms of Use, including, without limitation, any use of this website other than as expressly authorized by these Terms of Use.
-Nuclearman
Nuclearman

Postby jad » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:27 am
having medical calculators would be a good idea for a site. it may help people that don't have time to visit the doctor or pay the check-up fee in some clinics. but the site's calculation may differ to the analysis of a doctor so if your feeling sick, go and visit the doctor as much as possible.
Jad Ronald A. Davis
"PurseHanger"
jad

Postby WolframAlphaMathHelp » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Thanks for the source suggestions for medical calculators. This thread has been passed to the development team for review.
WolframAlphaMathHelp

Postby ankur9696 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:40 pm
A collection of useful tools for pharmacy students and pharmacists, including critical appraisal, cardiovascular calculators, drug interactions, fractures & osteoporosis, immunization tables, renal function, assistive tools for disabilities, pronunciation of drug names and tool chests
dir.pharmacy.dal.ca
The best place to get riot points generator with free league of legends lol points minecraft gift code generator and minecraft gift codes and generator at the same place.
ankur9696