How To

24 hour notation ?

24 hour notation ?

Postby Skyeam » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:11 am
Hello,
I've been using Wolfram for converting times between time zones. It really works like a charm, it automatically interprets timezone short notations, find time zones of countries, converts between time zones and does it all in 1 single line ! I'm really impressed by (read: I'm in love with) this.

Example "10 pm CST in france" works like a charm.

However, here in certain parts of Europe we use the so called '24 hour clock'. When typing '24 hours notation' behind the previous line however, it won't work.

Question:

Is there a way in wolfram to convert am/pm to 24 hour notation ? More specific, while converting time zones ?

Extra:

Since I use wolfram only for timezone conversion, I'd like to add some things that could be improved ^^

1) A world map with the time zones from and to you are converting highlighted. I don't know where in the world CST is, but if there was a map I wouldn't have to look that up in a separate google search anymore.

2) An option to the command line to convert time to 24 hour notation (if it doesn't exists)
The whole world (but US, UK, Canada, ...) will be thankful

3) Eventually, the official time zone difference (.., +3 , +2 , +1, 0, -1, -2, -3 ...) This could be implemented in the world map.

4) The time difference between the time zone you are converting from and the one you are converting to

Thanks for reading, hopefully I get an answer to my question, are the suggestions a bit helpful and may they get implemented ! ^^
Skyeam

Re: 24 hour notation ?

Postby briangilbert » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:07 pm
If you input
24 hour clock
you will get the answer that this is under development and asked to leave your email address to be notified of progress.

Below that is a facility to give feedback in which you can repeat your comment.
briangilbert

Re: 24 hour notation ?

Postby jent » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:04 am
An option for the 24-hour format would be great.
jent