How To

Process uploaded CSV file - W|A Pro trial account

Process uploaded CSV file - W|A Pro trial account

Postby DavidAlpha » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:08 pm
Hey,

I am new to Wolfram Alpha and would like to learn more about working with CSV files.

After signing up to a trial Pro account I would like to turn the file's data into computational entities I can then process with Wolfram.

Searching the forum didn't bring up much helpful information, so I wonder if you could explain me how to do this? Or point me to articles that explain how it is done.

Many thanks,
David
DavidAlpha

Re: Process uploaded CSV file - W|A Pro trial account

Postby djh » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 pm
I'd like to second this. I have 36 months of data in a csv file I'd like to analyze...

I can upload about 1 years worth before hitting the 1MB file size limit; but pushing the compute button gave 'there is too much data, try a subset'..

So I tried 6 months, 3 months, then 1 month only to get Wolfram|Alpha doesn't know how to interpret your input.

So as yet, its nice to look at the examples, yes, but little else use to me...
djh

Postby Scruples98 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:40 pm
Yes, I am interested in WA Pro trial. Are there some tutorial videos or step by step instructions on how to upload your data and then how to view and customize WA Pro visualization of the data. Can you provide some links?
Scruples98

Postby Nuclearman » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:41 pm
The Pro information mentioned that it was rather limited in the number of rows and columns.
-Nuclearman
Nuclearman

Postby mrdude42 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm
I'm having the same problem. I upload a csv file and Wolfram can't make use of it. So much for upgrading to WF Pro :/
mrdude42

Postby dbauhs » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:54 am
Yep... how do you make a social graph based on e-mail, as mentioned in the press?
dbauhs

Postby WolframAlphaMathHelp » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:35 pm
DavidAlpha and others experiencing difficulties using the pro upload functionality,

You should try uploading your file(s) again, and if it still doesn't work, send in feedback using the form at the bottom of the page. This will allow us to better see what went wrong during the upload process.

Thank you!
WolframAlphaMathHelp