Weather

Announcing the Wolfram|Alpha API 2.0

Announcing the Wolfram|Alpha API 2.0

Postby WolframAlphaTeam » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 am
We are pleased to announce the Wolfram|Alpha API version 2.0. In addition to the great features aimed at supporting modern, interactive web and mobile applications, we've also changed the policies for the Wolfram|Alpha API in line with our goal of making Wolfram|Alpha accessible to everyone. We hope these improvements will allow developers to begin exploring Wolfram|Alpha through the API and to bring applications based on Wolfram|Alpha to market.

To learn more about the Wolfram|Alpha API 2.0 check out this post on the Wolfram|Alpha Blog:
http://blog.wolframalpha.com/2011/01/20 ... alpha-api/

To connect with other developers and interact with the Wolfram|Alpha API Team, please visit the new Developers Forum on the Community.
WolframAlphaTeam

Re: Announcing the Wolfram|Alpha API 2.0

Postby hossar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 pm
Wow, that looks very promising especially if WA API works with PHP, mySQL + java queries. I'm really interested to test it out, will report back!
hossar

Postby allisonk » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:30 pm
I am looking forward to testing this out. I like the idea of supporting mobile devices.
allisonk

Postby mike65 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 am
Oh, i'm really interest!!!
Where i can find more info?
mike65

Postby stevegd » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:43 am
Wolfram Alpha is already very powerful, just the other day I used it to chart United States crime rates, because I wanted to see at a glance if they've been going up or down over the last few years. The API returns the result as a bunch of XML, which is very easy to slice and dice. You can either use Alpha's built-in charts and graphs, or just get the numbers and display them as part of your app.
stevegd

Postby kate » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 am
Not sure if it is the right place to be asking about widgets?.

1. Some widgets have purple, pink,green , blue or orange color box next to widget name. Not sure which ones are user created and which ones are created by wolframalpha

2. How would i go about integrating a widget in my site that is neither wordpress,blogger nor any other but a custom coded script. As i use the link from the embed code i see long list of characters and urls that i think need some kind of script or plugin to execute the data in the url

for e.g http://www.wolframalpha.com/widget/widg ... 398acc0d10 is the url in the embed code , if i use this url than i characters and urls. Any help to integrate a widget would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
kate