Weather

How to get historical weather data for a specific date?

How to get historical weather data for a specific date?

Postby Basje » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:47 am
LS,

I would like to get some weather data for a random day, say october 2nd (a local day of celebration in Leyden). If I use "weather Leiden october 2", one of the results is Historical temperatures for October 2. What I'd like to see is a lot more of that kind of data, like rain, wind etcetera. I've tried a lot of things, even including time intervals, but nothing seems to work. I expected that something like "weather history, leiden, october 2" would work, but it doesn't. Is there a way to get the information I want?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Basje

Re: How to get historical weather data for a specific date?

Postby Deepze » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:14 pm
Most likely the information that you are requesting either was not cataloged at that location and thus cannot be presented as fact by WA or the data that your query is referring has not been curated yet.
Volunteer Curator for the WolframAlpha Project

Contribute your data and/or your expertise at
http://www.wolframalpha.com/participate/participate.html
Deepze

Postby kellyterryjones » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 pm
This Mathematica (not W|A) call:

WeatherData["EHVB", "WindSpeed", {2004,10,2}]

shows that Mathematica knows about Leiden's windspeed for 2 Oct 2004 (for example).

Search for:

EHVB WindSpeed

to get some historical information on windspeed (and try that with other quantities too).

If you just need the data (and weren't using EHVB as an example), try wunderground.com or let me know.
kellyterryjones

Postby Adion » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:25 pm
You say that one of your results was historical temperature data for a specific date.
I was actually looking for this, but couldn't get it. When I enter a date, it automatically assumes a specific year as well.

I have tried 'historical temperatures for december 25' for example, but it just gives me the temperature for december 25, 2009
Adion