Music

Guitar chords

Guitar chords

Postby Vigilante4200 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:48 pm
W|A should have directions to play guitar chords in tab format. For instance like this for the E major chord:
-0-
-0-
-1-
-2-
-2-
-x-
It should also expand to other instruments as well.
Vigilante4200

Re: Guitar chords

Postby Deepze » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 am
Musical notation is entirely systemic and really doesn't even need to go through any conversions to become numbers that WA can handle with ease. That said, I have not seen as much expansion within the 'Music' dataset as in other sectors of the overall data-structure so it may be awhile for smaller things like this to be implemented.

Don't get me wrong though, a musical notation translator built into WA would be an amazing tool for beginner to expert musicians. Especially if it catered to a variety of instruments.
Volunteer Curator for the WolframAlpha Project

Contribute your data and/or your expertise at
http://www.wolframalpha.com/participate/participate.html
Deepze

Postby herrylothar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:00 pm
Thanks a lot for sharing this too awesome and amazing amazing working with us. Truly its nice and massive sharing i ever found
truly great working it is
herrylothar

Postby WolframAlphaMathHelp » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:40 pm
W|A does give the guitar fingerings for various chord inputs. Try "g major chord" and see the Guitar chord voicings pod. That said, further development of guitar (and other instruments) tablature is under investigation. This thread has been passed along to the relevant developers for review.
WolframAlphaMathHelp

Postby Isabella8688 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:35 am
Vigilante4200 wrote:W|A should have directions to play guitar chords in tab format. For instance like this for the E major chord:
-0-
-0-
-1-
-2-
-2-
-x-
It should also expand to other instruments as well.

Thanks you for the post.
Isabella8688