Music

Wolfram|Alpha Widgets are here!

Wolfram|Alpha Widgets are here!

Postby WolframAlphaTeam » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:04 pm
The beta version of Wolfram|Alpha Widgets is here! What are Wolfram|Alpha Widgets? They’re free, Wolfram|Alpha-powered mini apps that are easy to make, customize, and share on your blog, website, and social networks. And they’re the next step toward our goal of making the vast knowledge and computational power of Wolfram|Alpha available to everyone, everywhere.

Try the Salary Comparison widget and many more on the Wolfram|Alpha Widgets site.

For more information you can also visit this post on the Wolfram|Alpha Blog.
WolframAlphaTeam

Re: Wolfram|Alpha Widgets are here!

Postby hjdesign » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:00 pm
I really like the widgets and I think that the data it produces will span good content and sharing and the sharing is what i'd like to touch on.

Is there any way that I can brand the widget with my brand at the bottom instead of the Wolfram Alpha Logo?

My concern is that I build the widgets and create the content around it and that widget is shared but I lose all visibility.

Thanks,

Steven-
hjdesign

Postby superflow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:49 am
We probably need a separate "Widget" forum similarly to "how to forum" or "Ideas & Suggestions Forum" or at least a new group. "Widgets" is a great idea and as any knew idea it might have a few rough edges to polish. I already created a few widgets and had a lot of fun, but also a few things to discuss. Especially WordPress plug-in, website embedding and general widget builder issues. It would be great to have a separate Forum section for this topic.
Vitaliy Kaurov, CSI CUNY
http://www.kaurov.com
superflow

Postby pokemont17 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:20 am
superflow wrote:We probably need a separate "Widget" forum similarly to "how to forum" or "Ideas & Suggestions Forum" or at least a new group. "Widgets" is a great idea and as any knew idea it might have a few rough edges to polish. I already created a few widgets and had a lot of fun, but also a few things to discuss. Especially WordPress plug-in, website embedding and general widget builder issues. It would be great to have a separate Forum section for this topic.

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.
pokemont17

Postby turtleAB » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:57 am
yup its nice post
turtleAB

Postby leonejain » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:42 am
Really nice post....Thanks for sharing....
leonejain

Postby webalpha » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:27 pm
This is probably the best news for the Wolfram|Alpha community members. I will definitely give it a try to take a close look at its different features and its usablity.
webalpha

Postby raysdaves » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:28 am
This is the nice ideas to share the knowledge .
It inspired me a lot about the topic.
raysdaves

Postby dorothykinder » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm
I liked the widgets, yes.. they are handful and also they can save my time. Thanks W|A.
dorothykinder

Postby karena » Fri May 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Do the widgets work on Adroids? I know most iPhones accept internet widgets, just checking to see if they are mobile friendly before I try using them because I don't need any cell phone casualtys!
karena

Postby kirstenplotkin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 am
I'm new here so please excuse me if my question is out of order. I love widgets and already have several on my blogs. Reading the various comments, I don't quite follow if this will be iphone or android phone widgets.

This is important to me because frankly, I have mobile phones. I bring one with me when I go out but it's always turned off. It's strictly for an emergency.

So here is hoping there will be some innovative widgets for my WP blogs!
kirstenplotkin

Postby towelk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:05 am
I like the weather widget... it's cute. Btw, can you include some sort calculator widget?
towelk

Object embed

Postby Educare » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 am
Currently, I am using EDU 2.0 as my LMS. It does not like <script...> embed codes. It will, however, take <object...> codes. Is there a quick and easy conversion for a non-programmer?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Educare
Educare

Postby janejohnoson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 pm
Really nice
janejohnoson

Postby melvinrouger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:22 am
This one is awesome very interesting to follow this thread. Thanks much.
melvinrouger

Postby tylerehrman598 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 am
Wow this is great to know. Thanks.
tylerehrman598

Postby williamjturner » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:56 am
There is a calculator widget available but I cant see why you don´t just use a normal calculator widget as there are hundreds of them out there.

I also want to add how baffled I am about how the Wolffram-Alpha is so little known among "normal" people. It is such a great device.

Well, all the best to you,
William
williamjturner

Postby tylerehrman598 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:12 am
This one is awesome really great widgets is terrible nothing compares.
tylerehrman598

Postby techyactor15 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:04 am
Hello,
I'm new here, and so I'm hoping that this is the right place to be talking about this. If I should be posting this somewhere else, I'd very very grateful if you would tell me so by replying.

Anyway, I was really excited when Apple announced their iBooks Author software today along with their new scheme for iPad textbooks. I downloaded the ibooks Author software and started poking around. I went to the help file, and saw that in order to add interactive content, a .wdgt file needed to be imported. The .wdgt is the file that has the Widgets that we Mac users have on our Dashboard. Anyway, a program called Dashcode is part of the developer's package that Apple has on its website. I read a little bit about it, and found out that while it does use Apple's proprietary extension .wdgt, it is based on Javascript. For any Wolfram|Alpha Widget, the underlying Javascript is very easy to see. However, while I am pretty comfortable using the GUI of most computers, I don't program and don't speak Javascript.

It would be perfect if Wolfram|Alpha widgets could be embedded into iPad textbooks, not just for math textbooks but for whatever else Wolfram|Alpha can do. So, the question I am posing is if anyone can figure out a way to take a Wolfram|Alpha widget and create a .wdgt file that can then be imported into the iBooks Author program.

Again, if you think I have posted this in the wrong place, please let me know. I am very new to the developers community at Wolfram|Alpha, although I have used it's front end extensively. I hope that we can find a way to integrate Wolfram|Alpha and iPad Textbooks and bring education into the 21st century!
techyactor15

Postby Katy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:29 am
this widgets really nice and amazing.. hope i can get it sooner. Very interesting and i really appreciate it.
Katy

Postby stevegd » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:53 am
I really like the widgets, thanks!
stevegd

Postby peterenwick » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am
Thanks for the Alpha Widgets for the websites...they're great. It will add a lot to my site.

Cheers, Pete.
peterenwick

Postby SVT » Mon May 21, 2012 3:05 pm
Prepared several widgets... got a couple questions.

1. Is it possible to create a widget with 2-3 W|A queries inside? Or, for example, query, where a user can make query more specific?

2. Where it is possible to study about checkbox application inside widget?
SVT

Postby briangilbert » Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 am
SVT wrote:Prepared several widgets... got a couple questions.

1. Is it possible to create a widget with 2-3 W|A queries inside? Or, for example, query, where a user can make query more specific?

2. Where it is possible to study about checkbox application inside widget?

Go to the community home page.
index.php

At he bottom of the list of Groups is WIDGETS.
Look through the topics under Widgets and if the answer is not there reply here.

PS
1. Design your query as though the first queries are meant to produce factors for the last.
x=5-4,y=2+3,z=x+y
briangilbert

Postby SVT » Mon May 28, 2012 3:24 pm
briangilbert wrote:Go to the community home page.
index.php

PS
1. Design your query as though the first queries are meant to produce factors for the last.
x=5-4,y=2+3,z=x+y

Thank you very much for your answer. Did as you proposed. There are 24 topics in the widgets forum. In a sense nobody looks there... Except for your comment on the radio button I could not find/understand there the answer for my questions.

I will try to use youe advice with x,y,z. Hope this will work.

Also I do not understand why sometimes molecule plot (and other) command do not works for some of the chemical formulas, while works for another...
SVT

Next